A Private cloud is a cloud computing platform or infrastructure that is implemented within the internal network of company, under the control of the IT department of that organization. Since it is situated with the organization network therefore a private cloud is more secure as compare to the Public cloud. In recent years Cloud computing become the focus of attention of IT and network Society. Cloud computing is now done better there Amazon Cloud, Microsoft System center or windows azure, Zoho Cloud etc.
Difference between the Public and private clouds:
Cloud computing is divided into private and public clouds.
What is Public Cloud?
When the Wan users through the Internet use cloud services of a third-party provider and cloud computing resource does not belong to the user, we call this service to a public clouds. Such as Amazon or Microsoft cloud solutions.
What is Private Cloud?
Private Cloud is built for a client alone, and thus provide the most effective control of the data, security and quality of service. Private cloud is built within the company’s infrastructure, and can control the deployment of applications on this infrastructure. Private clouds can be deployed within an enterprise data center firewall, they can also be deployed in a secure collocation facility.
Private clouds are considered more secure as compare to the public cloud in terms of security and cost.
Advantages of private clouds
- Since a private cloud is create and hosted by the company’s own IT department, therefore they have the dedicated access. They can access and allocate their resource to staff as per their need with freedom.
- Public cloud services are very safe in all respects, especially in the management of data. For large enterprises, data related to business is its lifeline, is not subject to any form of threat, the private cloud in this regard is very advantageous, since it is generally constructed behind the firewall.
- Private Cloud make full use of existing hardware and software resources. Application without public IP address, do not pull the line, even without the purchase of servers, rapid deployment, ready to use, known as cheaper than public clouds.
- Good service: a private cloud behind the firewall in general, rather than a remote data center affects the company’s employees to access private cloud-based applications, it’s SLA should be very stable and not subject to network instability such as the last “STORM” event, resulting in a massive disconnection.
- If you use a public cloud, it will have a lot of impact on the IT department processes, such as data management and safety regulations and so on. In a private cloud, because it is generally within the firewall, so little impact on the IT department processes.