How to boost WIFI signal of wireless home router?
Today, almost everyone has access to wireless Internet or Wi-Fi, even in our homes. When you are on the Internet or trying to connect, though, you might notice that your WiFi signal is not as strong as it could be. So this article is about boosting WIFI signal of wireless home router, you can improve signal strength with these steps:
- Move all electrical equipment away from the wireless router, including cordless phones, microwave ovens and even televisions. These devices can reduce the range of the wireless router because of the wavelengths they run on.
- Download the latest software for your router. Sometimes your WiFi signal will go down because it is running on an old software which may not compatible with your OS and restricting you for enjoying different advance features.
- Attach a ground plane on the router. This can be done with a simple piece of sheet metal that connects to the antenna exists. This amplifies the signal by increasing the distance goes.
- Buy an antenna stronger from any local electronics store and install it to the router. The antenna can be expensive, but it is one of the best ways to boost your WiFi signal.
- Turn the router antennas in different directions to see which way works best.
- Place your router in a central location, close to all the computers in the house. If you have only one computer using the WiFi signal, move the router closer to the computer and you will be surprised how powerful your WiFi signal is.
- Change your WiFi password so that only the computers you approve can use the system. This prevents anyone outside the home by using your network, which can limit the signal.
- If you have multiple wireless routers in your surrounding/neighborhood with same SSID & with same security key then it is better that you used a different frequency cannel for adjustance wireless router.
Following are some best wifi boosters you can use them for increasing your wifi signals. How to view the wifi password on Windows 10 & Android