You’ve probably heard about wifi 7 but don’t know what it is or what the hype is all about. Wifi 6 was great, but wifi 7 is even better! It has faster speeds, more bandwidth, and can handle more devices. With WiFi 7 you’ll never need to be concerned about buffering issues or lags ever again. You can stream, game, and work at lightning speeds without fear of interruption. Plus, with so many devices now using wifi, you need a router to handle the load. Check out our selection of wifi 7 routers and get ready to be blown away by the speed and performance of this latest technology!
Wifi 7 Explained
Wifi 7 is the future of wifi. The next generation of wifi promises faster speeds, better range, and lower latency. Wifi 7 will also be more power efficient than its predecessor, wifi 6.
Some of the key features of wifi 7 include:
- speeds up to 45.6 Gigabits per second (Gbps)
- improved range
- lower latency
- more power efficient
Does wifi 7 exist?
Short answer, no. Currently, there is no such thing as wifi 7.
The 802.11 standard encompasses various frequencies and technologies, including wifi 6 (802.11ax) and the upcoming wifi 5 (802.11ac). However, there is no such thing as wifi 7 – the 802.11 standards simply doesn’t include that frequency range or technology yet. In other words, it’s always possible that a new version of the 802.11 standards could be released in the future that includes wifi 7, but for now, there is no such thing.
What is IEEE 802.11be wifi Standard?
IEEE 802.11be is the possible next update in the 802.11 IEEE wifi network standard, which will likely be referred to as wifi 7. It builds upon 802.11ax with a focus on both outdoor and indoor operation, with pedestrian and stationary speeds within the 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6 GHz bands. The speeds are anticipated to exceed 40 Gbps.
The development of the 802.11be modification is in progress with the aim of the first draft being completed by March 2021. With an official version anticipated by the beginning of 2024. Wireless speeds continue to increase at an alarming rate. This is why the creation for this change is vital – Keep up to date, or else you’ll fall behind!
What is wifi 7
IEEE 802.11be, also known as wifi 7, is the potential next amendment of the 802.11 IEEE standard. It will be focused on WLAN outdoor and indoor operation with pedestrian and stationary speeds within the 2.4 5, and 6 GHz frequency ranges..
802.11be is still in development, so there is no release date yet. However, it is expected to be released in 2023 or later.
It will be a huge step up from the current 802.11ax standard, mainly aimed at improving network capacity and performance in dense areas. With wifi 7, users can expect much faster speeds and better coverage even in congested areas.
Wifi 7 Features:
Wifi 7 is the future generation of wifi technology that offers many improvements over the previous generations. Some key features of wifi 7 include higher data rates, lower latency, and better power efficiency.
So, let’s take a more detailed look at wifi 7 and see what it offers.
- Higher data rates: wifi 7 supports data rates of up to 10 Gbps, which is more faster then the previous generation of wifi.
- Multi-Band Support: The current wireless technology uses three channels, one lower band operating at 2.4GHz and two higher bands running at five GHz and six GHz. With wifi 7 it will allow multi-channels to be utilized more effectively to improve data speeds. It can be switched based on the availability of links to ensure the highest speed. For instance, A device could use high band support for one 5GHz band or both bands simultaneously.
- Lower latency: wifi 7 has lower latency than previous generations of wifi, which means that it can provide a better online gaming experience.
- Minimized Interference: wifi 7 employs a clever method called Preamble Puncturing that helps prevent Interference within the spectrum. This technology means that the access point can block the spectrum the user is in and instead assign adjacent channels within the spectrum. It can help reduce or eliminate Interference from wifi signals.
- Multiple Access Point: If there is more than one access point, The device will select the one it connects to and disregard the other. After connecting to an access point, it will notify that nearby points of access decrease their power of transmission (if the devices are located closer to access points) to lessen Interference.
- Better power efficiency: wifi 7 is more power efficient than previous generations of wifi, which means that it can help prolong your devices’ battery life.
WiFi 6E vs WiFi 7
Wifi 6E is the current generation of wifi, while wifi 7 is the next generation. Whereas the Wifi 7 provide higher speeds, greater range and lower latency. It will also be more power efficient than its predecessor, wifi 6E. The Wifi 6E is currently the latest and fastest version of wifi. It has the highest speeds for data transmission and connects to multiple devices at once. Wifi 7 has not been released yet, so we don’t know all the details. However, we know that wifi 7 will be a significant upgrade over wifi 6E.
|WiFi 6 vs WiFi 7||Wi Fi 6||Wi Fi 7|
|Max BW Of Channel||160MHz||320MHz|
|Max Speed||9.5 Gbps||Around 46Gbps|
|Max Modulation Rate||1024||4096 QAM|
Do you need wifi 7?
Answer to the question is based on many variables. If you have an older wifi router, it is probably not worth upgrading to wifi 7. However, if you have a newer router that supports wifi 7, it might be worth upgrading to take advantage of the improved performance that wifi 7 offers. Learn how to protect your wifi network.How to secure your wireless home network
Wifi 7 is the future of wifi, and it is not yet available. However, we’ve given details of the features anticipated to be included. With the constant advancement of technologies, it’s challenging to keep up, but with wifi 7 expected to be released in the near future, it’s important to learn the details of how it works and what it means to you so you’re ahead of the curve. We hope you have found it informative. If you’ve any concerns or questions regarding wifi 7 and how it impacts your life, post your questions in the comments. Thanks